Manager of Development (full time)
Music of the Baroque is seeking a Development Manager to join its organization at an exciting time in its history. Following a highly successful open air concert at Millennium Park and two sold-out concerts at the start of its current season, the organization is poised for a remarkable journey towards its 50th anniversary celebration in the 2020-21 season.
Under the direction of internationally acclaimed British conductor Jane Glover, Music of the Baroque occupies a special place in the rich cultural life of Chicago. Long recognized as one of the region’s top classical groups, Music of the Baroque’s professional chorus and orchestra is one of the leading ensembles in the country devoted to the performance of works from the 17th and 18th centuries.
Music of the Baroque operates on annual budget of $2 million (with a fundraising goal of $1.5m), has a dedicated and talented administration, and a passionate board of directors who are actively engaged in fundraising. The ensemble performs regularly at the Harris Theater in downtown Chicago and the North Shore Center for the Performing Arts in Skokie, as well as at city and suburban church venues.
The Manager of Development reports to the Director of Development and also works closely with the Executive Director to ensure that all fundraising goals are met across the year.
- Maintaining the PatronManager (a Salesforce-based application) donor database, including running reports and analysis as needed
- Processing and acknowledging all contributions
- Managing fundraising campaigns: calendar year-end, subscription add-ons, and fiscal year-end
- Researching, writing, and submitting foundation and corporate sponsorship applications
- Assisting with the planning and execution of the fundraising gala, including procuring raffle prizes
- Assisting with the coordination of donor engagement events throughout the year
- Managing intermission receptions at concerts and securing in-kind sponsors
- Compiling donor information for program books and other publications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of two years fundraising experience
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Familiarity with relevant software programs, Excel, and other Office applications
- An ability to adapt to multiple tasks, some of which may lie outside of the job description
- A knowledge of Chicago’s philanthropic and arts community preferred
To apply, please email resume and cover letter detailing your fundraising achievements and interest in this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager of Development” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries please. Music of the Baroque is an equal opportunity employer.