Open positions (full-time)
Development and Community Relations Manager
Music of the Baroque (MOB) is seeking a Development and Community Relations Manager to join its organization at an exciting time in its history.
Long recognized as one of the region’s top classical groups, Music of the Baroque’s professional chorus and orchestra is one of the leading ensembles in the country devoted to the performance of works from the 18th century and before.
Music of the Baroque operates with an annual budget of over $2.5 million raising $1.8 million through fundraising. The ensemble performs about 20 concerts a season at the Harris Theater in downtown Chicago and the North Shore Center for the Performing Arts in Skokie, as well as at city and suburban church venues and concert spaces.
‘MOB in the Community’ is MOB’s diversity, inclusion, and education program. Activity has increased in recent years through collaborations in local communities and partnerships with other organizations. Education is a core component of our work, centered mainly on our Strong Voices choral education program in 6 Chicago public schools.
There is a strong connection between fundraising and our education and outreach work at MOB. The Development and Community Relations Manager reports to the Director of Development, spending roughly 60% of their time working on fundraising, and devoting the remainder of their time to education and community projects, supervised by the Director of Artistic Operations.
- Maintaining PatronManager (a Salesforce based application) donor database, including running reports and analysis as needed
- Processing and acknowledging all contributions
- Researching prospects and compiling information on corporate and foundation grant applications
- Assisting with the planning and execution of the fundraising gala, including procuring raffle prizes
- Assisting with the coordination of donor engagement events throughout the year
- Managing intermission receptions at concerts
- Compiling donor information for program books and other publications
- Serving as backup phone support to the audience services manager
- Working with the Director of Artistic Operations to ensure that MOB’s Strong Voices program runs smoothly, including vendor procurement requirements, communicating with Chicago Public School (CPS) choral teachers and MOB teaching artists, implementing program elements, and writing the final yearly Strong Voices grant report
- Responsibilities also include concert and other artistic and operational duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Familiarity with relevant software programs, Excel, and other office applications
- An ability to adapt to multiple tasks, some of which may lie outside of the job description
- Strong attention to detail, and a positive team player
- A minimum of two years of professional work experience in relevant areas
- Knowledge of Chicago’s philanthropic and arts community
- Interest in classical music and knowledge of Chicago’s classical music scene is a plus
Salary for this position is $40,000-$45,000 per year. Music of the Baroque offers excellent benefits and is an equal opportunity employer committed to the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
No telephone inquiries, please. To apply, please email resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience in the areas outlined above, and your interest in this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development and Community Relations Manager” in the subject line.