Director of Development (full time)
Join Music of the Baroque at this exciting time in its history. With a new Executive Director in place and the organization’s 50th anniversary three seasons away, this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced fundraiser who is poised to take the organization’s solid base of fundraising to the next level. The Director of Development plays an important role in strategic planning and is a member of the senior leadership team.
Under the direction of internationally acclaimed British conductor Jane Glover, Music of the Baroque occupies a special place in the rich cultural life of Chicago. Long recognized as one of the region’s top classical groups, Music of the Baroque’s professional chorus and orchestra is one of the leading ensembles in the country devoted to the performance of eighteenth-century works.
Music of the Baroque has an annual budget of $2 million, an administrative staff of seven full-time employees, and a passionate board of directors who are actively engaged in fundraising. The ensemble performs regularly at the Harris Theater in downtown Chicago and the North Shore Center for the Performing Arts in Skokie, as well as at city and suburban church venues.
- Lead individual, foundation, corporate, government, and special events fundraising efforts generating $1.5 million annually;
- Create and manage a 50th anniversary season (2020/21) fundraising campaign;
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to identify, cultivate, and solicit major donors;
- Implement a corporate sponsorship program;
- In partnership with the Executive Director, maintain and create relationships with Chicago foundations;
- Devise and manage a planned giving program;
- Supervise the Development Manager;
- Work closely with the marketing team on consistent messaging and public communications;
- Other responsibilities as they arise in a dynamic, collaborative work environment
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 5-7 years of fundraising experience, with at least 2-3 years in a leadership role;
- Demonstrated track record of securing major gifts;
- Knowledge of Chicago’s philanthropic and arts community preferred
To apply, please email resume and cover letter detailing your fundraising achievements and interest in this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Development” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Music of the Baroque is an equal opportunity employer.