220 S. Michigan Ave. , Chicago, IL
About Symphony Center
For nearly the first 14 years of its history, the Chicago Orchestra performed at the Auditorium Theatre (completed in 1889). Orchestra Hall — the long-standing dream of founder and first music director Theodore Thomas — was designed by CSO trustee and Chicago architect Daniel H. Burnham, who had volunteered his services. On the former site of a livery stable owned by Leroy Payne, ground was broken on May 1, 1904, and on December 14, the Hall opened with a dedicatory concert, led by Thomas.
On March 21, 1978, Orchestra Hall was added to the National Register of Historic Places and on April 19, 1994, it became a National Historic Landmark.
Parking: The Grant Park South Garage is at 325 S. Michigan Ave. and has direct access to Symphony Center. Look for signs in the garage to identify the best pedestrian exit to enter Symphony Center.
Discounted parking validation for Grant Park South is available at the Symphony Center box office. With validation, parking in Grant Park South is $20 for up to 12 hours.