Esther, HWV 50
The Jewish orphan Esther becomes Queen of Persia and saves her people from massacre by the villain Haman in this compelling and intimate musical drama. Don’t miss the tale of a triumphant heroine, told in sensuous arias and stirring choruses by master storyteller George Frideric Handel. Jane Glover conducts the Music of the Baroque premiere of Esther.
- Aria, "Tune your harps to cheerful strains"
- Duet, "Who calls my parting soul from death?"
- Aria, "How can I stay when love invites?"
- Chorus, "He comes to end our woes"
- Chorus, "The Lord our enemy has slain"