J. S. BACH
Passion According to St. John, BWV 245
Johann Sebastian Bach sets scripture and poetry to music of heartbreaking beauty in a deeply human, intensely dramatic telling of Christ's betrayal, suffering, and death. Jane Glover conducts, and tenor Thomas Cooley sings the Evangelist in one of the greatest choral works of all time—sung and played with the commitment and fervor Music of the Baroque always brings to Bach's music.
- Part I, Chorus, "Herr, unser Herrscher"
- Part I, Aria, "Ich folge dir gleichfalls"
- Part II, Choral, "Christus, der uns selig macht"
- Part II, Arioso, "Betrachte, meine Seel'"
- Part II, Aria, "Mein teurer Heiland"
- Part II, Chorus, "Ruht wohl"