J. S. BACH
Passion According to St. John, BWV 245
Johann Sebastian Bach sets scripture and poetry to music of heartbreaking beauty in a deeply human, intensely dramatic telling of Christ’s betrayal, suffering, and death. Join us for one of the greatest choral works of all time—sung and played with the commitment and fervor Music of the Baroque always brings to Bach’s music. Note: Ticket availability for Sunday, March 25, is extremely limited. Additional seats may be available through the North Shore Center; visit them online or call (847) 673-6300.
Sponsors: Elizabeth F. Cheney and The Negaunee Foundations
Carl Grapentine will give preconcert lectures on Sunday, March 25, 2:00 pm, at the Doubletree Hotel (Athens Room) adjacent to the North Shore Center, and Monday, March 26, 6:00 pm, in the Studio Theater at the Chicago Cultural Center.
Other concerts you might enjoy: Concertos for Voice
- Part I, Chorus, "Herr, unser Herrscher"
- Part I, Aria, "Ich folge dir gleichfalls"
- Part II, Choral, "Christus, der uns selig macht"
- Part II, Arioso, "Betrachte, meine Seel'"
- Part II, Aria, "Mein teurer Heiland"
- Part II, Chorus, "Ruht wohl"