Overture in D Major
Cantata No. 208 (Hunt Cantata)
Hunting Scene from Hippolyte et Aricie
"Va tacito" from Giulio Cesare
Symphony No. 73 (La Chasse)
In the 18th century, hunting was more than a leisure activity—it was a potent symbol of power, virility, and even good government. Nicholas Kraemer leads a wonderfully evocative program that brings the natural world of “the hunt” to life, from the hunting scene in Rameau’s opera Hippolyte et Aricie to Haydn’s Chase Symphony to Bach’s delightful Hunt Cantata.
- Hippolyte et Aricie, Act IV, "Faisons partout"
- Hippolyte et Aricie, Act IV, Deuxieme air des chausseurs
- Symphony No. 73 (La Chasse), mvt. 4
- "Va tacito" from Giulio Cesare
- Overture in D Major, TWV 55:D21, Rejouissance